As an essential healthcare provider, we are able to continue our services during the pandemic. We are committed to ensuring we keep our clients, volunteers and staff as safe as possible and are following strict Covid-19 guidelines to keep your appointment safe.
Depending on demand we are currently running up to 3 sessions per week at our Resource Centre for basic maintenance of NHS hearing aids, these sessions generally run in the morning from 9.30-12pm. At these sessions our volunteers can clean and re-tube ALL NHS Hearing aids (both Moulded and Corda types) for all Mid, West and South Essex Patients with hearing aids issued from:-
- Broomfield Hospital (including St. Peters Hospital and Braintree Community Hospital)
- Basildon Hospital (including Orsett Hospital)
- St Margaret’s Hospital (including The Princess Alexandra Hospital and Herts and Essex Hospital)
- Addenbrooke’s Hospital (NB: Moulded aids only)
Due to social distancing and extra cleaning measures we cannot accept any ‘walk-in’ service users, appointments must be made in advance. If you would like to book an appointment please contact us by phone, text or email with the following details:-
- Full name, address, date of birth, telephone number
- How many hearing aid/s
- Type of aid – mould made to fit your ear or Corda (small dome in the ear)
- Hospital where aid/s issued
- Reason for requesting an appointment
Please remember to bring your brown NHS Hearing Aid record book / white card with you when visiting the session.
Also available at our Resource Centre in Chelmsford is our Equipment Loan Service, Face to Face Advice and Guidance Service (by appointment), Telephone, Text, and Email Advice and Guidance Services.
As usual our service remains completely free of charge, but as a small charity working hard to support Essex residents living with hearing loss, all donations are appreciated.